Treating Stripped Wash
Hi all, was just wonder if anyone out there is PH adjusting the strip before doing the spirit run?
The theory goes, that Acid + Alcohol + Heat = Esters, depending on the acid you get different ester and therefore flavour.
I'm currently trying out adjusting the strip back to a neutral PH of 7 to try and increase my hearts cut, and also see if I can run a bit faster without noticing the difference in quality.
(I have found I can collect at 2l/h @ 95+% but it is noticeable in quality to when I pull 95+% at 1.2l/h - its still good just not completely neutral)
Has anyone played about with this? I currently have 25l of 45% strip to run sometime soon.
The theory goes, that Acid + Alcohol + Heat = Esters, depending on the acid you get different ester and therefore flavour.
I'm currently trying out adjusting the strip back to a neutral PH of 7 to try and increase my hearts cut, and also see if I can run a bit faster without noticing the difference in quality.
(I have found I can collect at 2l/h @ 95+% but it is noticeable in quality to when I pull 95+% at 1.2l/h - its still good just not completely neutral)
Has anyone played about with this? I currently have 25l of 45% strip to run sometime soon.
