My latest effort
3 posts
• Page 1 of 1
My latest effort
This is my latest effort. It's a mixed fruit brandy type thing.
It's made from cider, apple wine, cyser, ginger mead, traditional mead and "summer fruits" wine.
In other words, it's batches of wine and mead I've made that haven't turned out quite how I expected, so I've run it through the still.
Damn! there's about 25 litres of it.
The only things that have been done to it, are that it's been "processed" with "disti-pur", I've added a couple of ml's of "oak-a-vin" and it's got about 1 and a 1/2 tbsp's of apple essence in it.
Oh and the main part of my efforts is in a large DJ but I've also added some oak chips (2 packets).
That 1/2 litre bottle is 55%
p.s. disti-pur is for removing some of the young "hot alcohol" taste of freshly distilled spirit, the oak-a-vin is oak essence to give it an "oakey" flavour and the apples essence is .............
to give it more of an "apple brandy" hint.
All of which, are available from Brouwland
It's made from cider, apple wine, cyser, ginger mead, traditional mead and "summer fruits" wine.
In other words, it's batches of wine and mead I've made that haven't turned out quite how I expected, so I've run it through the still.
Damn! there's about 25 litres of it.
The only things that have been done to it, are that it's been "processed" with "disti-pur", I've added a couple of ml's of "oak-a-vin" and it's got about 1 and a 1/2 tbsp's of apple essence in it.
Oh and the main part of my efforts is in a large DJ but I've also added some oak chips (2 packets).
That 1/2 litre bottle is 55%
p.s. disti-pur is for removing some of the young "hot alcohol" taste of freshly distilled spirit, the oak-a-vin is oak essence to give it an "oakey" flavour and the apples essence is .............
to give it more of an "apple brandy" hint.All of which, are available from Brouwland
-

Phantom - Master Distiller

- Posts: 1459
- Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:31 pm
- Location: Land of Nod (South)
- Stills: smart still and T500
My latest effort
so is it any good?
regards, Ian
regards, Ian
-

quietman - Regular

- Posts: 92
- Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:53 pm
My latest effort
It's still "too rough" to tell. Yes it's drinkable, but as yet I haven't worked out how to get it any smoother in taste.
-

Phantom - Master Distiller

- Posts: 1459
- Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:31 pm
- Location: Land of Nod (South)
- Stills: smart still and T500
3 posts
• Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest