Waste from a Gin run
5 posts
• Page 1 of 1
Waste from a Gin run
Hi,
I've had a look before posting but I was wondering what you guys do with the waste/finished botanicals from a gin run. Up to now I have either been bagging and binning or feeding the rats.
What creative solutions have you good people used? I'm thinking fat balls for the birds next.
Cheers!
Klunk
I've had a look before posting but I was wondering what you guys do with the waste/finished botanicals from a gin run. Up to now I have either been bagging and binning or feeding the rats.
What creative solutions have you good people used? I'm thinking fat balls for the birds next.
Cheers!
Klunk
If I wanted patience, i'd have trained to be a doctor.
-

Klunk - Regular

- Posts: 97
- Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:10 pm
- Stills: T500 & Airstill
Re: Waste from a Gin run
Compost.
-

wormwood - Experienced Distiller

- Posts: 138
- Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:38 pm
- Location: USA
- Stills: Air Still
Re: Waste from a Gin run
I find that the residue from my steeped flavourings tend to stupify the worms in my compost bins, they just can't cope with alcohol and die.
These days I tip it on open ground, protected from the free range chickens that also cannot cope.
After a few months all seems good.
Drunken winter birds may not be a good idea?
Not claiming that one size fits all!
Robert.
These days I tip it on open ground, protected from the free range chickens that also cannot cope.
After a few months all seems good.
Drunken winter birds may not be a good idea?
Not claiming that one size fits all!
Robert.
There is no ONE way.
-

Easydrinker - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 5206
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
- Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
- Stills: Smart & Silly
Re: Waste from a Gin run
Drunken chucks.
Sorry no that was the wholegrain whiskey waste. Dickhead!
Sorry no that was the wholegrain whiskey waste. Dickhead!
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
-

Mash - Master Distiller

- Posts: 4594
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
- Location: Right here.
- Stills: SSSS
Re: Waste from a Gin run
I continue to throw out for the chickens the residue from my usual brews.
Just some minced and ground Sultanas and lentils.
It remains to be the residues from a steeped wash that neither fowl nor earthworm seem to thrive upon.
I guess just too high a % of alcohol present in those.
Robert.
Just some minced and ground Sultanas and lentils.
It remains to be the residues from a steeped wash that neither fowl nor earthworm seem to thrive upon.
I guess just too high a % of alcohol present in those.
Robert.
There is no ONE way.
-

Easydrinker - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 5206
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
- Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
- Stills: Smart & Silly
5 posts
• Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest