Page 1 of 1
T500 copper or stainless ?

Posted:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:51 pm
by optic
As in the subject,I'm thinking of getting the T500 lid and column to fit on my grainfather and was wondering if it really is worth paying the extra for the copper column,opinions please guys ?.
Re: T500 copper or stainless ?

Posted:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:01 am
by Mash
This is one my list too, but for a BM.
100% for copper, & built it. There are some great plans, tips and ideas available in and around these parts.
I just can't get the lid to start with.
Re: T500 copper or stainless ?

Posted:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:45 pm
by Thunderbird
I use the stainless column and have no problems with producing a great neutral. I use these copper roofing rivets (very cheap from eBay) as boil enhancers rather than the ceramic SS ones and that seems to do the trick giving me all the copper I seem to need in a stripping run.

Re: T500 copper or stainless ?

Posted:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:05 am
by Brewhunter
I believe there is no difference in the off the shelf still spirits columns internally and the copper is just for show.
Re: T500 copper or stainless ?

Posted:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:50 pm
by Easydrinker
Brewhunter wrote:I believe there is no difference in the off the shelf still spirits columns internally and the copper is just for show.
But DO use copper somewhere, AND as much as you can.
Just sayin'.
Robert.