Page 1 of 1

Bottles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:39 pm
by shawry99
I was wondering where people get their bottles from?

Everything seems to be based on 75cl bottles, yet I only seem to be able to get 70cl bottles locally.

Re: Bottles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:25 pm
by Magnu420
i get mine from local pubs or restaurants

Re: Bottles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:25 am
by Almanac
I collect selected screw-top spirit bottles from two local pubs anytime I need bottles. They're quite happy for me to pull a few bottles from their recycling bins.

AM 8)

Re: Bottles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:49 pm
by wormwood
I get all my bottles from the recycling bins at WalMart. Got a particularly good haul after Christmas/New Year.

Re: Bottles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:11 am
by Normski
I only ever give my product to family and friends. I insist that if they want some they bring the empty bottles back for a swap for full ones.

Re: Bottles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:15 am
by RickyRasper
aidanmac wrote:I collect selected screw-top spirit bottles from two local pubs anytime I need bottles. They're quite happy for me to pull a few bottles from their recycling bins.

AM 8)


Your lucky, in Northern Ireland you have to beat the petrol bombers to the bins lol ::)

Re: Bottles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:42 am
by edwatters
I get mine from. Freund container online. Very reasonable prices

Re: Bottles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:51 am
by Frank
I use IKEA Slom Bottles ("1 litre") with a swingtop stopper.
if you can find these, they are well worth it IMHO....Italian glass, can be dried/sterilised in an oven, inexpensive and a handy size. ;)

Re: Bottles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:38 am
by Almanac
Where I am IKEA have changed the name of those bottles to Korken...but you will need to replace the rubber seal with silicone or other alcohol resistant material ;).

At 2.50Euros I think they're rather expensive if you make any quantity of spirits. Personally, I just collect bottles of the type I want from a local pub when I need any. I currently have a stock of 48 JD bottles and 24 X 1lt Smirnoff for my wife's Vodka. When I have volume in excess of my bottle stock it's stored in Cornelius Kegs I bought last year in a group buy.

AM 8)

Re: Bottles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:24 am
by Frank
Good point Aidan.... they are called Korken now...thanks.

As far as I can tell, in Australia these 1l bottles currently cost $1.49AUD new (which is less than 1.20 Euros) and are fitted with a silicone seal too!

I like them as they are completely reuseable and basically aren't tainted by previous contents (for example, IMHO its not advisable to put vodka in an ex-rum bottle).

BTW, I too re-use LOTS of gifted, empty, spirit bottles...esp. as presents.
If they are 'suitable', they are very worthwhile.

Re: Bottles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:42 pm
by Capt-Cudellez
I haven't used these guys, as I recycle old bottles (I'm your best pal for clearing up after a house party), but if I was doing a special bottling I might fork out.
http://www.world-of-bottles.co.uk/700-1500ml-glass-bottles

Re: Bottles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:19 pm
by YHB
If I am going to have fantasies, they may as well be big ones.

http://www.infused-vodka.com/

Re: Bottles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:22 am
by Sean-f
has anyone experience of these? would the washer need changing or are all the "pink" one now silicone.
http://www.wilko.com/homebrew-accessori ... vt/0318707

Thanks

Re: Bottles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:46 pm
by Anavrin
I use these same type bottles from my local home brew shop, they're fine for serving your wares

Re: Bottles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:45 pm
by Boggis Co.
I use world of bottles , they have a great range