Air Still?
8 posts
• Page 1 of 1
Air Still?
Hi just about to order a still and I came across this one.
Can you tell me if this one is any good?
http://www.wineworks.co.uk/product/air_still/
I\'ve come across the Easystill and Smartstill, but not the Airstill.
It looks similar.
Thanks for your comments.
Can you tell me if this one is any good?
http://www.wineworks.co.uk/product/air_still/
I\'ve come across the Easystill and Smartstill, but not the Airstill.
It looks similar.
Thanks for your comments.
-

v4mpy - Regular

- Posts: 64
- Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:02 am
- Stills: T500 & Airstill
Air Still?
Hi just about to order a still and I came across this one.
Can you tell me if this one is any good?
http://www.wineworks.co.uk/product/air_still/
I\'ve come across the Easystill and Smartstill, but not the Airstill.
It looks similar.
they are all the same still just given a different name by the supplier,you will not go wrong with wineworks,superb service and Richard the owner is always willing to give advise on anything you need to know about this great hobby of ours,im sure you wont regret buying the airstill,in fact i bet after doing a few runs you will be eyeing up the reflux still... lol
Can you tell me if this one is any good?
http://www.wineworks.co.uk/product/air_still/
I\'ve come across the Easystill and Smartstill, but not the Airstill.
It looks similar.
they are all the same still just given a different name by the supplier,you will not go wrong with wineworks,superb service and Richard the owner is always willing to give advise on anything you need to know about this great hobby of ours,im sure you wont regret buying the airstill,in fact i bet after doing a few runs you will be eyeing up the reflux still... lol
I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me-Winston Churchill
-

optic - Senior Distiller

- Posts: 356
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:37 am
- Location: grotty old GB
- Stills: Super Reflux
Air Still?
Thanks optic I feel much better knowing that. 

-

v4mpy - Regular

- Posts: 64
- Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:02 am
- Stills: T500 & Airstill
Air Still?
I got my Airstill from wineworks made a couple of changes to the essences offered i cant fault Richard i ordered mine at midday it was at my home before 10am the following day and he is always at the other end of the phone if you have any teething problems or questions.The starter kit has everything you need with no extras to buy except sugar and sterilising product.Myself i use milton fluid for sterilising its cheap and even has the instructions on reverse for dilution for homebrewing.As for my still i just wipe it down with warm water and a sponge i keep in my brewing kit sponge dropped in milton during initial sterilising of jugs,bin etc.
-

trelliS - Regular

- Posts: 76
- Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:39 pm
- Location: Leeds
- Stills: Air still and T500
Air Still?
I have just ordered the still, so now I can\'t wait for it to come.
What is the best wash recipe to start with for my first time with the still?
Thanks for your comments.
What is the best wash recipe to start with for my first time with the still?
Thanks for your comments.
-

v4mpy - Regular

- Posts: 64
- Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:02 am
- Stills: T500 & Airstill
Air Still?
The most important things are sterilisation and finding somewhere with a constant temperature suitable for the yeast you are using in your wash(temperature range on back of yeast packaging).The ss triple distilled which comes with the kit is rather smelly and takes a while to filter but does do the job.I am sure its a 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other regarding the still spirits range or alcotek but as you get into this wonderful hobby you will probably advance to tomato washes etc.
Have fun and enjoy the fruits of your labour.
trelliS
Have fun and enjoy the fruits of your labour.
trelliS
-

trelliS - Regular

- Posts: 76
- Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:39 pm
- Location: Leeds
- Stills: Air still and T500
Air Still?
For the first few you\'ll probably use Turbo packets as they\'re pretty simple, but like most you\'ll find a slight off taste or else you\'ll wonder if you can do it cheaper and you\'ll end up trying different washes - it\'s all good fun, there\'s no \'correct\' way to do it so experiment and see how you get on!
-

Jimmy - Site Owner

- Posts: 736
- Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:18 pm
- Location: People's Republic of West Yorkshire
- Stills: T500
Air Still?
I was going to try maverick\'s wash recipe first. I guess it\'ll make less bottles but it seems better on final taste.
-

v4mpy - Regular

- Posts: 64
- Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:02 am
- Stills: T500 & Airstill
8 posts
• Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Easydrinker and 1 guest