To all prospective new members.....
32 posts
• Page 2 of 3 • 1, 2, 3
Re: To all prospective new members.....
+1 to all you lot. I'm an infrequent visitor and poster but I'd hate to see this place go down the pan. Hopefully yer man will rock up at some point


If I wanted patience, i'd have trained to be a doctor.
-

Klunk - Regular

- Posts: 97
- Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:10 pm
- Stills: T500 & Airstill
Re: To all prospective new members.....
Last night I got busy online.
Via whois I discovered that this sites server is paid to Feb 2020.
Via Zoopla I discovered that the home address that I had for Jimmy was sold,(maybe remortgaged, they do not differentiate), and my snail mail attempt at communication was probably doomed.
Then I used good old PayPal.
I made another donation, and as those that have done so will know, a box opens asking for your forum username,(this usually elicits a personal thank you) I left my name and a short message asking Jimmy to get in touch.
If this does not work then nothing will.
I hope he is not feeling paranoid, because I certainly feel like a stalker!
I really feel that I can do no more.
I then spent a couple of hours re-reading various old posts.
In this age of Google people expect instant answers to queries, but so much is already archived.
I look forward to new members posting once again, fresh people to chat to, in the meantime there is much here for new viewers to read and learn.
Robert.
Via whois I discovered that this sites server is paid to Feb 2020.
Via Zoopla I discovered that the home address that I had for Jimmy was sold,(maybe remortgaged, they do not differentiate), and my snail mail attempt at communication was probably doomed.
Then I used good old PayPal.
I made another donation, and as those that have done so will know, a box opens asking for your forum username,(this usually elicits a personal thank you) I left my name and a short message asking Jimmy to get in touch.
If this does not work then nothing will.
I hope he is not feeling paranoid, because I certainly feel like a stalker!
I really feel that I can do no more.
I then spent a couple of hours re-reading various old posts.
In this age of Google people expect instant answers to queries, but so much is already archived.
I look forward to new members posting once again, fresh people to chat to, in the meantime there is much here for new viewers to read and learn.
Robert.
There is no ONE way.
-

Easydrinker - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 5206
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
- Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
- Stills: Smart & Silly
Re: To all prospective new members.....
Thanks Robert, you have done everything that can be done at present. The only other possible way that I can think of (long shot) is to get someone to go to the address and ask the present owner for information.
-

Pyro - Experienced Distiller

- Posts: 216
- Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:15 pm
- Location: Galloway Hills Scotland
- Stills: Twin Airstills,
Re: To all prospective new members.....
PayPal. Very Jack Reacher. Well done.
It may also show you an email address on the statement.
I have also emailed you an idea....
It may also show you an email address on the statement.
I have also emailed you an idea....
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
-

Mash - Master Distiller

- Posts: 4594
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
- Location: Right here.
- Stills: SSSS
Re: To all prospective new members.....
Just the usual Red kitten contact info via PP.
Thanks for the tip mash, I won't be using it (in this case).....
1.The owner is not always the occupant.
2.I already feel like a stalker.
3.I already invested in another site donation.
If that does not swing it,then goodnight gentlemen.
Maybe a few more donations may achieve something?
If you have not donated, but value the site?
For past, present or possible future use.
Of course, donations are voluntary.
Just sayin'.
Robert.
Thanks for the tip mash, I won't be using it (in this case).....
1.The owner is not always the occupant.
2.I already feel like a stalker.
3.I already invested in another site donation.
If that does not swing it,then goodnight gentlemen.
Maybe a few more donations may achieve something?
If you have not donated, but value the site?
For past, present or possible future use.
Of course, donations are voluntary.
Just sayin'.
Robert.
There is no ONE way.
-

Easydrinker - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 5206
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
- Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
- Stills: Smart & Silly
-

Pyro - Experienced Distiller

- Posts: 216
- Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:15 pm
- Location: Galloway Hills Scotland
- Stills: Twin Airstills,
Re: To all prospective new members.....
I don't mean to speak out of turn and I hope Jimmy is just on holiday and things will sort out on his return but without new users the site is in decline, at what point do you set up shop elsewhere? I don't think anyone wants to jump ship but also doesn't want to lose what we have, if the decision is left too long there maybe little left to rekindle.
Just sayin... (I heard that somewhere..!)
I know there is software to download complete websites but if this can be used to upload to a new forum I don't know, maybe ask phpBB, I'd put my hand in my pocket to help set up a clone if thats what was decided.
Not to point out the obvious but it may be usefull if more than one person has a set of keys...
Just sayin... (I heard that somewhere..!)
I know there is software to download complete websites but if this can be used to upload to a new forum I don't know, maybe ask phpBB, I'd put my hand in my pocket to help set up a clone if thats what was decided.
Not to point out the obvious but it may be usefull if more than one person has a set of keys...

-

Maker - Experienced Distiller

- Posts: 176
- Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:03 am
- Stills: KEG
Re: To all prospective new members.....
Just a thought I had that might help contact Jimmy, I was in lovebrewing in Liverpool once talking to the YouTube guy who made all the shit videos showing how not to use your Airstill, anyway I mentioned this site and he said “The guy who owns it is a friend of his”, I said “Jimmy?”, he replied “yes”
So maybe he has contact details for Jimmy, or can at least pass a message on, sorry can’t remember his name, Richard I think.
So maybe he has contact details for Jimmy, or can at least pass a message on, sorry can’t remember his name, Richard I think.
- Anavrin
- Master Distiller

- Posts: 1468
- Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:15 pm
- Location: By the Sea
- Stills: 4” StillDragon Dash
Re: To all prospective new members.....
Good news.
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
-

Mash - Master Distiller

- Posts: 4594
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
- Location: Right here.
- Stills: SSSS
Re: To all prospective new members.....
Any more news on this? I would happily move to another server/site to keep this going. I don't log on too often, my distilling time is severely limited at present, but this site has helped me achieve so much.
Of course its supposed to taste like that...
-

BlindXX - Regular

- Posts: 37
- Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:08 pm
- Location: Somewhere just North of Nodnol
- Stills: Airstill
Re: To all prospective new members.....
Sorry mate,
Jimmy seems to remain oblivious to the plight of this site, and only he can fix it's woes.
It remains his property though, so who here has a right to bitch?
After what this site has done to help all?
Even "members" here are "guests".
Other threads have comments from users willing or wanting to move away.
Personally, I will go down with this ship and not be seen again, if it does go down....
From my point of view.,
Softener:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOPLHA133m0
Robert.
Jimmy seems to remain oblivious to the plight of this site, and only he can fix it's woes.
It remains his property though, so who here has a right to bitch?
After what this site has done to help all?
Even "members" here are "guests".
Other threads have comments from users willing or wanting to move away.
Personally, I will go down with this ship and not be seen again, if it does go down....
From my point of view.,
Softener:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOPLHA133m0
Robert.
There is no ONE way.
-

Easydrinker - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 5206
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
- Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
- Stills: Smart & Silly
Re: To all prospective new members.....
Can we be sure that Jimmy knows?
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
-

Mash - Master Distiller

- Posts: 4594
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
- Location: Right here.
- Stills: SSSS
Re: To all prospective new members.....
So if I were to say that I have a web hosting package, and I would be happy for it to be used for a continuation of the site (or migration of the site)... I'm not offering to do site admin or technical stuff, I don't have a clue about that, but I can offer a new home for the site.
Of course its supposed to taste like that...
-

BlindXX - Regular

- Posts: 37
- Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:08 pm
- Location: Somewhere just North of Nodnol
- Stills: Airstill
Re: To all prospective new members.....
Just to be clear.
Only Jimmy can validate a move of this site.
And if he knew of the need, and cared, then he would fix it,and remove the need.
Ergo, he is currently, and maybe permanently MIA.
Simples.
Robert.
Only Jimmy can validate a move of this site.
And if he knew of the need, and cared, then he would fix it,and remove the need.
Ergo, he is currently, and maybe permanently MIA.
Simples.
Robert.
There is no ONE way.
-

Easydrinker - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 5206
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
- Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
- Stills: Smart & Silly
Re: To all prospective new members.....
BlindXX wrote:So if I were to say that I have a web hosting package, and I would be happy for it to be used for a continuation of the site (or migration of the site)... I'm not offering to do site admin or technical stuff, I don't have a clue about that, but I can offer a new home for the site.
I would offer my help anyway I can. I have already tried to contact Jimmy.
It's not the hosting per sae, more complex than that unfortunately. The owner is absent, and the owner calls the shots. No owner, no shots!
The best thing anyone can do for themselves at the moment is to email..
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
-

Mash - Master Distiller

- Posts: 4594
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
- Location: Right here.
- Stills: SSSS
32 posts
• Page 2 of 3 • 1, 2, 3
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
