old Bri's
29 posts
• Page 2 of 2 • 1, 2
Re: old Bri's
Keep using it.
Show it who has control.
To some extent I understand this wresting back of power.
We can be a flippant bunch here, but for the most part we do give a shit, and most of us know someone in a similar situation to the one that you find yourself in.
We may find it harder than yourself to address, due to the degrees of separation.
I will give you a while to get up to speed, and then will rib you like any other member.
But if you ever wish to call on me (as opposed to the forum) for help, please do so.
Sorry if that sounds charitable, I am a natural hard bastard, so my meaning may be misconstrued.
Robert.
Show it who has control.
To some extent I understand this wresting back of power.
We can be a flippant bunch here, but for the most part we do give a shit, and most of us know someone in a similar situation to the one that you find yourself in.
We may find it harder than yourself to address, due to the degrees of separation.
I will give you a while to get up to speed, and then will rib you like any other member.
But if you ever wish to call on me (as opposed to the forum) for help, please do so.
Sorry if that sounds charitable, I am a natural hard bastard, so my meaning may be misconstrued.
Robert.
There is no ONE way.
-

Easydrinker - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 5206
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
- Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
- Stills: Smart & Silly
Re: old Bri's
Easydrinker wrote:Keep using it.
Show it who has control.
![]()
To some extent I understand this wresting back of power.
We can be a flippant bunch here, but for the most part we do give a shit, and most of us know someone in a similar situation to the one that you find yourself in.
We may find it harder than yourself to address, due to the degrees of separation.
I will give you a while to get up to speed, and then will rib you like any other member.
But if you ever wish to call on me (as opposed to the forum) for help, please do so.
Sorry if that sounds charitable, I am a natural hard bastard, so my meaning may be misconstrued.
Robert.
Haha! I'm just spat my cuppa out!
M8, Carry on taking the piss..I've been used to it..and have it..25 years in the green kit and humour gets me up n about!! I don't get pissed off...I take the piss out of myself!!
Like u a hard bastard haha!!
Tbh I'm enjoying the forum, and slowly get the names and who what.
Reet! I'm off in my disabled car to the shops...the buggers best not knick my disable parking slot!! Or there be trouble....lol
Catch u later mate..
Bri
-

old bri - Regular

- Posts: 30
- Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 1:38 pm
Re: old Bri's
Hi all,
Been off line...and having help from a emazing bloke.
One he's happy to help me..secondly knows my limitations, so taking it slow!! Think at my speed lol
Well we've decided what type of still and how's it's going to be powered.
Pot still, and electric powered.
First project is the power controller...
He reckons if I can make my stir plates etc I could ettemp the power controller!!
Up to the challenge...too right!
Already ordered the parts and some have arrived :-)
This will be on going project...money permitting!!
So it's not going to be a quick build..but I'll get there.
Just want to say thx pal (you know who u are!!) and believing in me.
The boiler will be the next project!! Followed by the pot still..
All will be reavealed accordingly.
Like I said...be a slow slow build..but in the mean time..more notes on reading up!!
My notes are coming as fatter than a yellow pages!!
Thx for viewing
Bri
Been off line...and having help from a emazing bloke.
One he's happy to help me..secondly knows my limitations, so taking it slow!! Think at my speed lol
Well we've decided what type of still and how's it's going to be powered.
Pot still, and electric powered.
First project is the power controller...
He reckons if I can make my stir plates etc I could ettemp the power controller!!
Up to the challenge...too right!
Already ordered the parts and some have arrived :-)
This will be on going project...money permitting!!
So it's not going to be a quick build..but I'll get there.
Just want to say thx pal (you know who u are!!) and believing in me.
The boiler will be the next project!! Followed by the pot still..
All will be reavealed accordingly.
Like I said...be a slow slow build..but in the mean time..more notes on reading up!!
My notes are coming as fatter than a yellow pages!!
Thx for viewing
Bri
-

old bri - Regular

- Posts: 30
- Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 1:38 pm
Re: old Bri's
Take your time,and let it suit you.
Looking forward to hear how it goes.
Robert.
Looking forward to hear how it goes.
Robert.
There is no ONE way.
-

Easydrinker - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 5206
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
- Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
- Stills: Smart & Silly
Re: old Bri's
Easydrinker wrote:Take your time,and let it suit you.
Looking forward to hear how it goes.
Robert.
aye Robert, will do.
hoping more bits for the power controller will be delivered tomorrow.
bri
-

old bri - Regular

- Posts: 30
- Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 1:38 pm
Re: old Bri's
After months of reasearch and the slow process of my still build..I find my self looking at the first recipe I want to ettemp.
I lot of suggestions is trying a bourbon first etc.
I've got the grainfather and numerous FV's and no chill cubes...
All said n done, itlll be a electric 33l (power controlled) pot still,
As I get the build finished, the mash in the cubes would keep.
My thoughts is:
1. A single malt recipe...holding 20l cubes (2 x 10l cubes) for each brew day.
2. If successful with numerous stripping runs and spirit runs to get used to the system (notes is a big one!)
3. Cutting the spirit, and then over to learning the aging process etc.
4. Finally after all that moving onto a rum recipe and so on..
Can you tell what section I should put my thread in..for making a single malt whisky recipe 20l no chill.?
At least I can get my knowledge up to speed before the still is ready..and as you can see I'm not jumping in..
If I can perfect the recipe on a brew day with the grainfather, fermenting and all the inbtween processes I could be ok..
Any help be appreciated
Bri
I lot of suggestions is trying a bourbon first etc.
I've got the grainfather and numerous FV's and no chill cubes...
All said n done, itlll be a electric 33l (power controlled) pot still,
As I get the build finished, the mash in the cubes would keep.
My thoughts is:
1. A single malt recipe...holding 20l cubes (2 x 10l cubes) for each brew day.
2. If successful with numerous stripping runs and spirit runs to get used to the system (notes is a big one!)
3. Cutting the spirit, and then over to learning the aging process etc.
4. Finally after all that moving onto a rum recipe and so on..
Can you tell what section I should put my thread in..for making a single malt whisky recipe 20l no chill.?
At least I can get my knowledge up to speed before the still is ready..and as you can see I'm not jumping in..
If I can perfect the recipe on a brew day with the grainfather, fermenting and all the inbtween processes I could be ok..
Any help be appreciated
Bri
-

old bri - Regular

- Posts: 30
- Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 1:38 pm
Re: old Bri's
Struggling to respond here, as you seem just a little off the radar.
Please don't take offence.
Try again, and I might catch your drift.
And do keep pluggin' away mate, I want to assist, If I can.
You know that I have some understanding of your shit.
If we didn't smile, then we might as well all be dead.
ATB.
Robert.
Please don't take offence.
Try again, and I might catch your drift.
And do keep pluggin' away mate, I want to assist, If I can.
You know that I have some understanding of your shit.
If we didn't smile, then we might as well all be dead.
ATB.
Robert.
There is no ONE way.
-

Easydrinker - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 5206
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
- Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
- Stills: Smart & Silly
Re: old Bri's
Do you want a recipe and running instructions for making an all grain whiskey in the GF?
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
-

Mash - Master Distiller

- Posts: 4594
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
- Location: Right here.
- Stills: SSSS
Re: old Bri's
Ok
Sorry for my coms problems..
In a nutshell...and the light of day without woffling too much.
Going to use the GF only for the mash..(not as a stir system)
That'll be once my pot stil and controller get built.
I'd love a 20l single malt recipe to try on the gf first.
Saving in the cubes til the still is ready, pitching the yeast in a FV as normal.
Then learn my system and so on til I get more use to it, and try recipes like rum.
Hope this makes more sence of my shit..?
Back to reading up...
BTW the pot still is going to be a SS 33l electric 3Kw element boiler with the power controller and a basic stilldragon pot still.
Like I said the gf is going to be use for making the beer only...
Hope is sheds some light :-)
Bri
Sorry for my coms problems..
In a nutshell...and the light of day without woffling too much.
Going to use the GF only for the mash..(not as a stir system)
That'll be once my pot stil and controller get built.
I'd love a 20l single malt recipe to try on the gf first.
Saving in the cubes til the still is ready, pitching the yeast in a FV as normal.
Then learn my system and so on til I get more use to it, and try recipes like rum.
Hope this makes more sence of my shit..?
Back to reading up...
BTW the pot still is going to be a SS 33l electric 3Kw element boiler with the power controller and a basic stilldragon pot still.
Like I said the gf is going to be use for making the beer only...
Hope is sheds some light :-)
Bri
-

old bri - Regular

- Posts: 30
- Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 1:38 pm
Re: old Bri's
Easydrinker wrote:Struggling to respond here, as you seem just a little off the radar.
Please don't take offence.
Try again, and I might catch your drift.
And do keep pluggin' away mate, I want to assist, If I can.
You know that I have some understanding of your shit.
If we didn't smile, then we might as well all be dead.![]()
ATB.
Robert.
None taking Robert... lol
It Must frustrating for others readin my crap than it is for me to get the word onto text!!!
For me the damage is 'I know what I want to say in my brain...but between my brain to key board it get muddled...
Haha!! It's called Aphasia and it's worse with speech let alone reading and writing...
All said n done...nowt wrong with what left of my brain lol just the coms probs
Rational thinking etc no probs there..I wouldn't contiplate this hobby for safety reason and all the other crap if I wasn't 100% certain.
Just taking it slow...putting the knowlege together and enjoying the forum.
Thx for putting up with me..
I'm knob end sometimes lol
Bri
-

old bri - Regular

- Posts: 30
- Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 1:38 pm
Re: old Bri's
Mash wrote:Do you want a recipe and running instructions for making an all grain whiskey in the GF?
Thx Mash,
As I just said in remarks, there a lot of great advice on best recipes to try first..and I'm listening.
Maybe a single malt whisky isn't the best recipe to start of with..
But until I get hands on with the system it's good to learn as much as I can, like any hobby I don't jump in...if it takes months n months (as it is now!) so be it...better to save than sorry.
Like I said to Robert thx for putting up with my crap.
Appreciate your patients...and the humour :-)
Bri
-

old bri - Regular

- Posts: 30
- Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 1:38 pm
Re: old Bri's
Explain to me what you mean here mate,-
Saving in the cubes til the still is ready,
I think I understand, but I want to be sure.
The rest of your jumbled shit I can follow
You do seem to manage understandable jumbled shit pretty well.
Keep it up mate, we mostly understand what you are saying.
Robert.
Saving in the cubes til the still is ready,
I think I understand, but I want to be sure.
The rest of your jumbled shit I can follow
You do seem to manage understandable jumbled shit pretty well.
Keep it up mate, we mostly understand what you are saying.
Robert.
There is no ONE way.
-

Easydrinker - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 5206
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
- Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
- Stills: Smart & Silly
Re: old Bri's
Easydrinker wrote:Explain to me what you mean here mate,-
Saving in the cubes til the still is ready,
I think I understand, but I want to be sure.
The rest of your jumbled shit I can follow![]()
You do seem to manage understandable jumbled shit pretty well.
Keep it up mate, we mostly understand what you are saying.
Robert.
Lol
Saving the hot wort in the cubes til time to pitch the yeast (the 'No chill method')
Been doing it for a bit now. Takes out the time on brew day for using a wort chiller...and I can see when I have time to make a yeast starter.
Hope this is clear.
They say with the brew (the boil) the time is cut short...
No p'ing on with hops etc and the boil time can be be cut in half til about 30 mins (still need confirmation on the boil time!!)
Mash time will be normally 60 mins at about 65c and 10 mins mash put @ 75c
Sparge at 75c straight into the boil...flame out and into the cubes.
Thanks pal
Bri
-

old bri - Regular

- Posts: 30
- Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 1:38 pm
Re: old Bri's
I am going to need to read that again when more sober.
I expect it to make more sense then.
I will get back to you.
At this time of night I run on Auto, and am only capable of simple stuff
Robert.
I expect it to make more sense then.
I will get back to you.
At this time of night I run on Auto, and am only capable of simple stuff
Robert.
There is no ONE way.
-

Easydrinker - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 5206
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
- Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
- Stills: Smart & Silly
29 posts
• Page 2 of 2 • 1, 2
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest