Page 1 of 1
Wash still cloudy after super clear

Posted:
Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:44 pm
by bumblebee
I made 2 25 liter turbo yeast sugar washes and let ferment for 12 days. I siphoned them both off and added super clear to each one. 3 days later one has cleared up like they normally do and one is still cloudy. I Picked up another super clear and added it to the cloudy wash and it still won't clear. I don't know what to do now, this has never happened before. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Re: Wash still cloudy after super clear

Posted:
Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:45 pm
by Easydrinker
OK, sorry I seemed to miss you joining us here.
!. Go to your profile page and change your user ID.
Just sayin'.
If you choose to do so,I will tidy up after you.
2. Trying to run a bi-part clearing agent a second time seldom works.
I believe most wine homebrew sites would advocate a few crushed Campden tablets or a little Sodium Metabisulphate at this stage,and the coolest place that you can put it.
Failing that,run it cloudy with care,
You do not state your still so do not feel that I can offer much more.
Hope some of that was worthwhile.
Robert.
Re: Wash still cloudy after super clear

Posted:
Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:46 pm
by bumblebee
Easydrinker wrote:OK, sorry I seemed to miss you joining us here.
!. Go to your profile page and change your user ID.
Just sayin'.
If you choose to do so,I will tidy up after you.
2. Trying to run a bi-part clearing agent a second time seldom works.
I believe most wine homebrew sites would advocate a few crushed Campden tablets or a little Sodium Metabisulphate at this stage,and the coolest place that you can put it.
Failing that,run it cloudy with care,
You do not state your still so do not feel that I can offer much more.
Hope some of that was worthwhile.
Robert.
Thanks! Not sure how my email showed up as my username but I changed it to what it was before
Re: Wash still cloudy after super clear

Posted:
Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:48 pm
by bumblebee
I am using an airstill. What would be the concerns running it cloudy?
Re: Wash still cloudy after super clear

Posted:
Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:33 am
by Easydrinker
TBH, not too many.
Use some boil pieces, of your choice, or recommended persuasion, and if it takes your fancy use some conditioner or butter/oil, I have never used the later but recommend piling bits of copper in there.
Welcome to a world of pushing yourself beyond where you may normally go.
And no, we do not have the answers to all your questions.
We all make this up as we go along,and try and show the hard earned shortcuts for the good of all.
Some of us may appear a little more convinced that "our" way is the "true" way, nah, there is no "one" way.
The only way is what works for you.
Robert
Re: Wash still cloudy after super clear

Posted:
Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:14 am
by Icefever
Easydrinker wrote:Some of us may appear a little more convinced that "our" way is the "true" way, nah, there is no "one" way. The only way is what works for you.
Robert

bumblebee wrote:I am using an airstill. What would be the concerns running it cloudy?
IMHO...Bumble...don't worry matey, one thing you could do is only fill the AS with about 3 ltrs...that way it'll have a wee bit more headroom...just to play safe....another thing stand the still in a large bowl....then if the worse happens it's contained.
I've run a cloudy wash in the past...with no problems, for your next wash just use sugar and baking yeast, that way you will not need those clearing agents.

Re: Wash still cloudy after super clear

Posted:
Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:56 pm
by Easydrinker
Purely because it is handy, I have always run my Smart still on the kitchen draining board, it has never yet mis-behaved, but I guess that practise might aid in clean up time, should it be called for.
Robert.
Re: Wash still cloudy after super clear

Posted:
Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:59 pm
by bumblebee
Well after sitting for a few more days it finally cleared up. Thanks for the help everbody. This is a great site!
Re: Wash still cloudy after super clear

Posted:
Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:04 pm
by Icefever
Thank you sir..

we try our best...glad the wash cleared for you.
Re: Wash still cloudy after super clear

Posted:
Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:53 pm
by Easydrinker
Aye, come back and talk to us.
We are also available through the good times, not just the bad,
Robert.