Recycling coolant water

billythekid
Valued Member

Recycling coolant water

Post by billythekid »

My best success so far has been freezing water in a 2 gallon bucket, releasing that into a plastic bag to keep in the freezer, and making more. I then use these large ice formations in my 5 gallon Igloo water cooler with a pond pump. Antidotally, his has a positive benefit on the product being distilled, and saves a lot of water. Being in California, we're under sever water restrictions.

Bill
phantom
Moderator/Donated to SS

Re: Recycling coolant water

Post by phantom »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBHIc6L ... e=youtu.be

Have a watch Bill - it's excellent content, but there's the bit about how he utilises a small chest freezer for cooling - can't remember if it's just the dephlegmator or the main condenser as well......

Then it could be possible to use recycled water, rain or wherever you can get enough to run it like that (and as you say you're in Cali, then you're more likely to need a well managed cold source i.e. more heat generally, more need for consistently cold supply).

Hope that gives you some ideas etc
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away." Tom Waites
Easydrinker
Admin/Donated to SS

Post by Easydrinker »

Never forget, Air cooling can also work, with or without swampcooler methods.

Robert.
There is no ONE way.
"Everyone's happy. Everyone's smiling. No-One here is sad anymore" :D
Mash
Admin/Donated to SS

Post by Mash »

billythekid wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:08 pm My best success so far has been freezing water in a 2 gallon bucket, releasing that into a plastic bag to keep in the freezer, and making more. I then use these large ice formations in my 5 gallon Igloo water cooler with a pond pump. Antidotally, his has a positive benefit on the product being distilled, and saves a lot of water. Being in California, we're under sever water restrictions.

Bill
I have done the same. Best solution imo. Frozen milk bottles, salty water, copper coil and pump.

Air does work, but it is all about the ammount of cooling you need.
To Gin-finity and beyond !
Windoe
Valued Member / Donated to SS

Post by Windoe »

Mash wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:08 am
billythekid wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:08 pm My best success so far has been freezing water in a 2 gallon bucket, releasing that into a plastic bag to keep in the freezer, and making more. I then use these large ice formations in my 5 gallon Igloo water cooler with a pond pump. Antidotally, his has a positive benefit on the product being distilled, and saves a lot of water. Being in California, we're under sever water restrictions.

Bill
I have done the same. Best solution imo. Frozen milk bottles, salty water, copper coil and pump.

Air does work, but it is all about the ammount of cooling you need.
Mash, what does the salt do for the cooling?
Mash
Admin/Donated to SS

Post by Mash »

If you pour on ice it melt, here is does the same and in doing so achieves a lower temp or faster recovery depending on how hard you are running it.

I also learnt that this method works good with an over flow....doh
To Gin-finity and beyond !