Welcome to the second wave

A place for general discussion
Forum rules
Remember! Be NICE!!!
Mash
Valued Member / Donated to SS

Welcome to the second wave

Post by Mash »

+1 Bournemouth. What is wrong with people.

And I heard family share out the fines FFS. Listen up - we are still in a pandemic!
To Gin-finity and beyond !

DorsetScott

Re: Welcome

Post by DorsetScott »

Mash wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:07 am
+1 Bournemouth. What is wrong with people.

And I heard family share out the fines FFS. Listen up - we are still in a pandemic!
We've handed out the single biggest day of parking fines ever in Bournemouth yesterday. People just see it as expensive parking without a thought for the locals. 33 tonnes of rubbish collected overnight, smashed glass all over the beach. It's not the locals leaving the crap everywhere.
Main roads in and out are absolute gridlock. Happy to have been at work yesterday!
I'm not under the affluence of incahol, thinkle only peep I am. Its just the drunker I sit here the longer I get.

Easydrinker
Admin/Donated to SS

Re: Welcome to the second wave

Post by Easydrinker »

I just moved a few posts, to keep the welcome page welcoming and friendly. :D
Hope y'all don't mind.
Mostly done 'cos I wanted to say this;
I'm not actually going to say it.
But you know what I am thinking. :evil:

Robert.
There is no ONE way.
"Everyone's happy. Everyone's smiling. No-One here is sad anymore" :D

Icefever
Valued Member

Post by Icefever »

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein

phantom

Post by phantom »

ah yes, the rage at "Bournemouth"........

Couldn't possibly be to do with mixed and unclear advice from government, or a "dead cat distraction" could it.......

This country is easy to work out, all you need to do is "follow the money" and you'll know who's lying. After all, right-wing politics is nothing more than a "who's got the fattest brown envelope" competition and left-wing politics is who can we shame as ? (insert your chosen cause here) this week......

If you stand back, look and think, it's about control and manipulation. They won't let you have the fairest possible system for electing MP's because it's not as easy to understand as the "Fathers sack race" at your kids primary school sports day, by it's very nature it's confusing to the unfamiliar with the concept (oh and it's PR/proportional representation by the way - sure, it means that you get 1 or 2 nutters but they get shown up as the imbeciles they are and any voice they have is drowned out).

They also don't want us to live and work to a common set of rules. One that we all understand and can abide by. They're happy to have ambiguity as peoples "tribal" mentality allows them to get away with hypocrisy on a grand scale. Those rules would otherwise be known as "a formal, written constitution and bill of rights".

The rights that government are currently (or so it would seem) removing are mostly ours courtesy of the EU, but in my lifetime the last right we had taken away, was removed by a conservative minister/MP who now sits in the lords. Which, what and who? Well you will have all seen American cop and police shows on the telly, and you will be familiar with a protagonist in the program "taking the 5th" ?

Well, that refers to the 5th Amendment to the US constitution and US citizens constitutional right not to incriminate themselves in a court of law (and that that court can take no inference legally from the assertion of that right.

"But that's America" I hear you say. Yes, sure, but it used to be on the statute books here a.k.a. the right to silence in a court of law, when being judged by a jury of your peers. It was taken away about 20 or 25 years ago by Michael Howard QC MP (Folkestone and Dover), now Lord Howard. It was when the police (and other governmental persons when they were issuing the official caution to someone) had to change the phrase that they must, by law, say to you immediately after you've been detained/arrested. The point being, that under the previous right, it meant exactly the same as the right granted to US citizens. Now it means something rather different, in that, you can still keep quiet but a jury CAN take inference from you not wanting to say anything and make the legal presumption that you've got something to hide and therefore must be guilty of whatever offence you've been charged with.

Oh, and that right was granted to us by King John, under Magna Carta - so we had that right for nearly 800 years and it was taken away because an MP didn't like it.

Take no inference from that lot either. It just shows that you need to know and remember your history, so that you don't end up repeating it, wholly or in part.

And that yes, there is quite a lot of "white collar", lower level corruption in Westminster, which whether you agree with it or not, will never get sorted until we're all playing to the same set of rules.

So get as angry at Johnson for his hypocrisy at threatening to use the rule of law to prevent such gatherings as "Bournemouth", while refusing to not sack his senior advisor - one Dominic Cummings for doing EXACTLY the same thing so he could take his family out on a day trip......

To quote the excellent Private Eye ad nauseum, "It's a funny old game, isn't it".............

Easydrinker
Admin/Donated to SS

Post by Easydrinker »

I suspect the Bournmouth event was a simply a lot of stupid and/or ignorant people.
Not confused, selfish.

Not dismissing your socio/politic rant phantom, you raise good points.

Official advice during this pandemic has frequently changed, and has not always been timely.
However, people as individuals, have a part to play here.
Next weekend I am finally allowed to drive down to the borders to collect a colony of bees.
I will not be shaking hands with the seller, and will be keeping a distance.
Sanitiser dispenser in my pocket for use after handling anything.

Just sayin'. :)

Robert.
There is no ONE way.

buffalobob

Post by buffalobob »

I live in a seaside town and now have to avoid going into town because of all the stupid twats flooding in that are ignoring the current advice re. distancing. They really don't give a fuck, and who can blame them given the way that Bojo's dickhead mate Cummings has acted. This shower that are in power now are disgusting the way they've reacted or not reacted I should say to this pandemic. Because of the recent problems with sars, mers et al, in 2016 the government had a wargame in which they played out a senario exactly like the one we're going through now. And they did nothing about the shortcomings that threw up. I can't wait for the next election I know where my x is going.
I'm pink therefore I'm spam

gaza the instructor

Post by gaza the instructor »

A little unfair BB The government can say what they like, will the people follow?
Well Liverpool Socca fans obviously don't give a flyin' pi$£. Just don't get it.
I am avoiding contact with strangers from outside my home. We have lost one of
my wife's tribe to this vile thing and unable to visit or pay respect at the Funeral
made it hard and brought it all home for me.
When will people learn, two weeks on the Costa is not worth your life.
Stay Safe Guys and Girls this thing is for real and it ain't going away over night. :(
Mirror-signal-manoeuvre.

Mash

Post by Mash »

Gaza we are of the same mind. +1 Liverpool +1 holidays.

I do wonder if nature is attempting to improve the IQ the human gene pool.

Icefever
Valued Member

Post by Icefever »

Mash wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:43 am
Gaza we are of the same mind. +1 Liverpool +1 holidays.

I do wonder if nature is attempting to improve the IQ the human gene pool.
I agree 100% also guys...

Mash are you suggesting "Mother Nature" is a eugenicist ??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

phantom

Post by phantom »

Still sitting firmly on the fence myself.

I get the impression that we have a "collective common sense" (albeit from different angles).

While we may think/feel X, given both to poor levels of official advice and guidance (for whatever the possible reason), to display double standards so blatantly and then reconfirm that advice and guidance in such ambiguous terms, while making vieled threats is to my mind, incompetence at the highest level of politics.

It can be hard to follow with any accuracy or integrity as a nation all the time we just take a view from a few images that may have been taken out of context for "gaslighting" reasons.

A few pictures of some events with fake rage thrown in to ellicit a knee jerk reaction is extreme manipulation. It needs context, both the image and the subject(s) thereof.

Not one of us, would be capable of knowing how susceptible we are to either peer pressure and/or questionable political or public service advice (that we can't confirm due to the mixed messages we may have had on any given thing).

Fire warnings and advice is obvious as we all can easily confirm that it's both hot and causes injury when misused. CV-19 guidance etc has to be taken more on faith as there's so much conjecture and misinformation floating round disguised as "news"........

So which is the appropriate "canary in the coal mine" and which is just more "dead cat distraction".

Only a fool believes "it must be true, it was in the papers/on the telly". Take it with "a good pinch of salt" as it might not be quite as "true" as they want you to believe..........

gaza the instructor

Be well assured this horrid and deadly virus is not finished yet.
Popular belief amongst medical people is that once our incredibly
inconsiderate arsehole neighbours come back from the Costas etc
They will reintroduce the virus then let their kids spread it about
when they go back to school.
The reason I say this, it's how we got it in the first place, imported..
Mirror-signal-manoeuvre.

Mash

Post by Mash »

Icefever wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:17 am

Mash are you suggesting "Mother Nature" is a eugenicist ??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
All I know is evolution has been going on for years!

Icefever
Valued Member

Post by Icefever »

In some branches of the tree of life, it's regressing mate.

Mash

Post by Mash »

Exactly.... Mother Nature is sorting it out

Easydrinker
Admin/Donated to SS

Post by Easydrinker »

Stand up Leicester.
Where next?

Robert.
There is no ONE way.

jacquie

Post by jacquie »

Easydrinker wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:05 am
Stand up Leicester.
Where next?

Robert.

The greed of huge online clothing manufacturers like Boohoo, PYT etc, and their 3rd party sub contractors in the local area is unbelievable, why were these online stores sending out huge contracts for online stores during the lockdown - cheap fashion is not essential in any way. Then local greedy unscrupulous tossers took contracts and held back furlough pay to force the poorest into sweatshops, then instead of practicing distancing in factories crammed more machines in and refused to let people with symptoms take time off threatening them with the sack, even those who tested positive were told not to tell anybody and to go into work anyway. Combined with cramped victorian housing, overcrowding and a wealth of social issues it's no wonder we are in extended lockdown. Then when extra testing facilities were demanded by local MP's they sent a mobile testing station to Vikki park - for 1 day ffs, then they moved off to somewhere else.

There needs to be severe consequences not only for the local manufacturers (who need locking up) but for huge corporations sending out the contracts and the local police for doing absolutely nothing (apart from patrolling local parks and rounding up the homeless). Now Leicester is in extended lockdown and and every week more small independent businesses are forced to close their doors permanently without any recourse all because of the heinous greed of these idiots.

Conspiracy bit
When this is all over and the high streets look like ghost towns apart from the biggest stores, the disaster capitalist will swoop in for a property grab, then one day you will be walking through a town or city, it could be anywhere in the world, and you won't know where you are because every damned town or city in the world is identical.

I used to believe in darwinism - but obviously my interpretation of ' fittest' is wrong, cos the whole world and so very many of the people running it and living in it seem like total fucktards today.

Apols for the mega-rant bet you can guess where I live, and to the rest of the country have fun but stay safe on your first day of freedom

Cheers

Jack
am pickled tink to yeet mou.....

gaza the instructor

Go on girl you get it off your ?oh hum ya what I am tryin' to say is
chest!! :oops: :oops:
Mirror-signal-manoeuvre.

buffalobob

Post by buffalobob »

Money makes this world go round, seems like everything else takes a backseat at times. Sad but true.
I'm pink therefore I'm spam

Mash

Post by Mash »

Do not apologise Jack. It is refreshing to hear actual reports from people rather than the crap the media call "news". They ought to be rounded up for lying.

Keep safe, keep ranting!

myles

Post by myles »

Nice one Jacquie. I think we need a whole new category for the "Darwin Awards"

https://darwinawards.com/

Forget "accidentally removing themselves from the genome", how about "doing humanity a favour by removing themselves from the gene pool"? :lol:

Person contracts potentially fatal virus.
Where were you?
Ignoring social distancing at a rally/riot.

TOUGH SHIT!!!
Last edited by myles on Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gaza the instructor

I have just been down to my local. I had one pint and left.
Some it was obvious had past their use by and were acting
like 4 year olds and others even worse.
It is a shame but they just let everyone down and all the hard
work and sacrifice...
They should shut pubs till after New Year.
Mirror-signal-manoeuvre.

Easydrinker
Admin/Donated to SS

Post by Easydrinker »

Sadly, those knobs will get NHS treatment if they get the virus.

Robert.
There is no ONE way.

Mash

Post by Mash »

I do think over indulging related admissions to A&E should carry a substantial fine

gaza the instructor

There is a lot of big words in there Mash, you go careful.
Mirror-signal-manoeuvre.