Digging
6 posts
• Page 1 of 1
Digging
No really. Sharing this 'cos I know a few of us are growers.
I cannot dig. Kills my back. Rotavator not much better.
I found this secondhand locally. Stunning. Just dug over 10x10 turf in about 30 mins didn't even break a sweat. Probably best tool ever.
https://youtu.be/zBChqCjZJxE
I cannot dig. Kills my back. Rotavator not much better.
I found this secondhand locally. Stunning. Just dug over 10x10 turf in about 30 mins didn't even break a sweat. Probably best tool ever.
https://youtu.be/zBChqCjZJxE
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
-

Mash - Master Distiller

- Posts: 4594
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
- Location: Right here.
- Stills: SSSS
Re: Digging
That looks good Mash
think I will get the wife one lol
think I will get the wife one lol
-

Squint - Regular

- Posts: 59
- Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:57 pm
Re: Digging
A spade with handle bars, brilliant! Not.
But if it works for you then who am I to nay say?
I will concede that the olde styley spade may be due a facelift...
Robert.
But if it works for you then who am I to nay say?
I will concede that the olde styley spade may be due a facelift...
Robert.
There is no ONE way.
-

Easydrinker - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 5206
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
- Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
- Stills: Smart & Silly
Re: Digging
I use one of these Ryobi Expand-it mini rotivators https://www.ryobitools.com/outdoor/products/details/cultivator-attachment
Fits on a small split shaft petrol strimmer. Low weight, easy to use and easily digs down a few inches. When I was preparing the garden from long term pasture I mowed it first, stripped off 2 inches with a hired turf cutter, and then dug it with this. The turf I just stacked grass down in a pile, left it for two years and then put it back into the garden as rotted down top soil.
Fits on a small split shaft petrol strimmer. Low weight, easy to use and easily digs down a few inches. When I was preparing the garden from long term pasture I mowed it first, stripped off 2 inches with a hired turf cutter, and then dug it with this. The turf I just stacked grass down in a pile, left it for two years and then put it back into the garden as rotted down top soil.
-

Myles - Master Distiller

- Posts: 692
- Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:43 pm
Re: Digging
Easydrinker wrote:A spade with handle bars, brilliant! Not.
But if it works for you then who am I to nay say?
I will concede that the olde styley spade may be due a facelift...
Robert.
You are looking at the wrong end
the magic is further down. Seriously they make the job soooo easy.
Last edited by Mash on Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
-

Mash - Master Distiller

- Posts: 4594
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
- Location: Right here.
- Stills: SSSS
Re: Digging
Squint wrote:That looks good Mash
think I will get the wife one lol
Joking aside. That's how I first saw them.
When I was a kid the wife next to us dug 1/4 acre with one every year. Tiny dot of a woman.
Your wife would be so pleased.

email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
-

Mash - Master Distiller

- Posts: 4594
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
- Location: Right here.
- Stills: SSSS
6 posts
• Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Easydrinker, Google [Bot] and 0 guests