T500 Parrot

A place for general discussion

T500 Parrot

Postby vino-tinto » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:41 pm

Latest news.
Imake the makers of T500 & Grainfather have issued a recall on the copper parrot they sell, retailers are told to make full refund. No reason given for recall.
Always give the hardest job to the laziest person because they will always find the easiest way to do it.
User avatar
vino-tinto
Senior Distiller
Senior Distiller
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:45 am
Location: East of England

Re: T500 Parrot

Postby Brewhunter » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:47 pm

That doesn't sound good...
User avatar
Brewhunter
Senior Distiller
Senior Distiller
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:40 pm
Stills: T500 + Airstill

Re: T500 Parrot

Postby Chubbs » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:03 pm

For what it is, I can only see it containing high levels of lead in any solder they have used.

What else could it be.
User avatar
Chubbs
Regular
Regular
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:16 pm
Location: South West UK
Stills: Air Still & T500

Re: T500 Parrot

Postby packapoo » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:24 pm

Given Imakes level of exposure to the home brew industry as a whole I wouldn't expect that to be the case....

Having said that am aware of some odd occurrences from that direction, time to time.

And then, manufacturing in (cough, cough) China, sometimes you get what you pay for/don't pay for - delete as applicable......
I seldom take myself seriously....
User avatar
packapoo
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:16 am
Location: Marton, New Zealand
Stills: Amphora PDA-1

Re: T500 Parrot

Postby Easydrinker » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:29 pm

I would guess Lead as the reason here, but what do I know?

Robert.
There is no ONE way.
User avatar
Easydrinker
Donated to StillSmart
Donated to StillSmart
 
Posts: 5208
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
Stills: Smart & Silly

Re: T500 Parrot

Postby Mash » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:44 am

+1 there really isn't anything else
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
User avatar
Mash
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 4595
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
Location: Right here.
Stills: SSSS

Re: T500 Parrot

Postby packapoo » Fri May 12, 2017 4:57 am

Have just noticed the parrot recall only affects parrots used with the alembic dome. ??? ???

If parrot were purchased to use with T500, recall doesn't apply.
Would indicate issue is not leaden.....
I seldom take myself seriously....
User avatar
packapoo
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:16 am
Location: Marton, New Zealand
Stills: Amphora PDA-1

Re: T500 Parrot

Postby Curmudgeon » Sun May 14, 2017 10:15 am

I confess I only saw the one parrot for both types (UK)
User avatar
Curmudgeon
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 pm
Stills: pot head

Re: T500 Parrot

Postby gaza the instructor » Sun May 14, 2017 12:24 pm

its a lot of money and yes i did say that. ;D

Ps. Temp that distillate comes out of the copper condenser is
quite high, maybe peps have been scalding them selves
Rather have a full bottle in front of me
than a full frontal lobotomy
User avatar
gaza the instructor
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:02 pm
Location: sunny surrey
Stills: s.s&t500 copper

Re: T500 Parrot

Postby packapoo » Sun May 14, 2017 8:06 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:I confess I only saw the one parrot for both types (UK)


Your eyes did NOT let you down....
I seldom take myself seriously....
User avatar
packapoo
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:16 am
Location: Marton, New Zealand
Stills: Amphora PDA-1

Re: T500 Parrot

Postby packapoo » Sun May 14, 2017 8:10 pm

gaza the instructor wrote:its a lot of money and yes i did say that. ;D

Ps. Temp that distillate comes out of the copper condenser is
quite high, maybe peps have been scalding them selves


Well there's the thing I can't savvy......why peeps are so proudly quoting, and showing, their off-take results at the parrot ??? ???

Those results are skewed, surely ::)

I'd love to have a parrot but my off-take temps are so high I just set the lot aside until the next day when I can extract some meaningful %'s........ :)
I seldom take myself seriously....
User avatar
packapoo
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:16 am
Location: Marton, New Zealand
Stills: Amphora PDA-1

Re: T500 Parrot

Postby Easydrinker » Sun May 14, 2017 10:10 pm

I guess that your parrot needs space for a thermometer as well, then you can do the math.
Or fit some control to reduce the temp. of the distillate.
Or wait until the next day.... ;D

Robert.
There is no ONE way.
User avatar
Easydrinker
Donated to StillSmart
Donated to StillSmart
 
Posts: 5208
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
Stills: Smart & Silly

Re: T500 Parrot

Postby Mash » Mon May 15, 2017 6:22 am

Longer run of curly copper before the parrot would help.
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
User avatar
Mash
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 4595
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
Location: Right here.
Stills: SSSS

Re: T500 Parrot

Postby gaza the instructor » Mon May 15, 2017 2:09 pm

Well there's the thing I can't savvy......why peeps are so proudly quoting, and showing, their off-take results at the parrot ??? ???

Those results are skewed, surely ::)

I'd love to have a parrot but my off-take temps are so high I just set the lot aside until the next day when I can extract some meaningful %'s........ :)[/quote]

I dont use parrot on a spirit run only a strip run.
I use a Refractometer and collect in jars like most
of us do ;D
Rather have a full bottle in front of me
than a full frontal lobotomy
User avatar
gaza the instructor
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:02 pm
Location: sunny surrey
Stills: s.s&t500 copper

Re: T500 Parrot

Postby Mash » Mon May 15, 2017 2:53 pm

The Temp is pretty good out of the AS, but even so there is massive inaccuracy do to the volumes - and the fact we will be mixing it all together .....

I use mine as a progress indicator on the webcam.
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
User avatar
Mash
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 4595
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
Location: Right here.
Stills: SSSS

Next

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

User Menu

Login Form

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 72 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:14 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests