Best and worst youtube videos

A place for general discussion

Best and worst youtube videos

Postby Curmudgeon » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:15 pm

I'll start us off with this ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haKHupBIwcI
User avatar
Curmudgeon
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 pm
Stills: pot head

Re: Best and worst youtube videos

Postby Easydrinker » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:30 pm

Sorry dude that was 13 minutes long.

I ducked out at 15 seconds.
Some of the stuff I post here may seem a little hazy to people not drinking with me.
But please tell me if I get that bad?
At that point, my continuance to the site will have lost any meaning.

Robert.
There is no ONE way.
User avatar
Easydrinker
Donated to StillSmart
Donated to StillSmart
 
Posts: 5206
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
Stills: Smart & Silly

Re: Best and worst youtube videos

Postby Curmudgeon » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:43 pm

You are as close to irreplaceable (sp?) as it gets.

I'd say most of the obvious has been discussed repeatedly, so I was attempting to follow the trend for slightly less on topic threads, while staying on topic.

I imagine there are many very good youtube distilling videos that I haven't seen yet and I'd rather watch those than bloody x factor.
User avatar
Curmudgeon
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 pm
Stills: pot head

Re: Best and worst youtube videos

Postby Easydrinker » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:16 am

That wasn't a rocket mate.
And if this thread takes off,Great!
I like new and off topic stuff.
And wandering in other directions, and back into history.
Sometimes you just have to make snap decisions upon where you are going to allot some of the remaining minutes of your life.
Not that I expect mine to end soon, but I am closer to the end than the beginning,and have a feeling that I have to use my time well.
Oh that the Interweb had come along only Forty years ago.....


Robert.
There is no ONE way.
User avatar
Easydrinker
Donated to StillSmart
Donated to StillSmart
 
Posts: 5206
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
Stills: Smart & Silly

Re: Best and worst youtube videos

Postby Icefever » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:56 am

Great thread C...I love bits like this, I did a thread a while back which was music to still by :D :D

Now watching that Taz hillbilly I don't think I'd chance a glass or two with him.. :o was the bucket his wife's mop bucket?? ???

I find bits of info like this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svNwR6U6r7M worth a look....in fact I do shake the old kilner jars and you can see what he's on about.

Now this guy here comes in for loads of criticism from the USA/Assie site members...and I've read on Youtube were folks have told him he's wrong in lots of ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZakPUSVVKo
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Of all the beautiful things in the world, only man can invent boredom
User avatar
Icefever
Donated to StillSmart
Donated to StillSmart
 
Posts: 2407
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:42 am
Location: Kingdom of Mercia

Re: Best and worst youtube videos

Postby Mash » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:53 am

I'd say most of the obvious has been discussed repeatedly, so I was attempting to follow the trend for slightly less on topic threads, while staying on topic.



GO for it - keeps the site alive.
Last edited by Mash on Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
User avatar
Mash
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 4594
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
Location: Right here.
Stills: SSSS

Re: Best and worst youtube videos

Postby Curmudgeon » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:56 am

Some of Anavrin's for the best of list http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3634
User avatar
Curmudgeon
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 pm
Stills: pot head

Re: Best and worst youtube videos

Postby Curmudgeon » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:13 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0PjcB93lko

Useful guide to spirit runs by the guy from HillBilly Stills
User avatar
Curmudgeon
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 pm
Stills: pot head

Re: Best and worst youtube videos

Postby Easydrinker » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:59 pm

Again C.,that is 30 minutes that I don't need to spend, but please keep them coming, others will appreciate you collecting links like this.
I appreciate you doing so, I just won't use many of them ;)
Spontaneous decision, I am making this a stcky.
I hope you or others, continue to post links. ;)

Robert.
There is no ONE way.
User avatar
Easydrinker
Donated to StillSmart
Donated to StillSmart
 
Posts: 5206
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
Stills: Smart & Silly

Re: Best and worst youtube videos

Postby Curmudgeon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:57 am

There are a lot of videos there and I've watched most of them. Many/most are "what not to do" or contain elements of what not to do. There are a few good ones and on a slow day I'll put together a list with links and comments of what flaws are obvious to this newb.
User avatar
Curmudgeon
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 pm
Stills: pot head

Re: Best and worst youtube videos

Postby Curmudgeon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:07 am

The infamous loony Larry and just about the only review I've seen of chinese pot stills https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB5mWTq6S6g

It's been a while since I watched this. I certainly recall that all the rubber gaskets and washers need replaced by silicon (at least) and preferably ptfe (teflon)

Most people will say that aluminium pots are bad and stainless steel is better if it really is stainless steel.

Most will also say that the thumpers and/or condensers/coils in those chinese stills are way too small.
User avatar
Curmudgeon
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 pm
Stills: pot head

Re: Best and worst youtube videos

Postby Benoit » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:02 pm

What was the name of the distilling transvestite that did all of his videos in some kind of bikini?! I still get nightmares about that now :D
Benoit
User avatar
Benoit
Senior Distiller
Senior Distiller
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 10:05 am
Location: Middle Earth
Stills: Fusti pot / Thumper

Re: Best and worst youtube videos

Postby Easydrinker » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:29 am

She is still out there,and asking after you.. :D

Robert.
There is no ONE way.
User avatar
Easydrinker
Donated to StillSmart
Donated to StillSmart
 
Posts: 5206
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
Stills: Smart & Silly

Re: Best and worst youtube videos

Postby Curmudgeon » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:44 am

I am sure I've seen all the free distilling and moonshine videos. You guys must be watching a premium pay per view channel.
User avatar
Curmudgeon
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 pm
Stills: pot head

Re: Best and worst youtube videos

Postby Mash » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:42 am

Benoit wrote:What was the name of the distilling transvestite that did all of his videos in some kind of bikini?! I still get nightmares about that now :D


"GHASTLY"

<shudders at recollection>
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
User avatar
Mash
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 4594
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
Location: Right here.
Stills: SSSS

Next

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

User Menu

Login Form

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 72 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:14 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest