Best and worst youtube videos
54 posts
• Page 1 of 4 • 1, 2, 3, 4
Best and worst youtube videos
I'll start us off with this ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haKHupBIwcI
-

Curmudgeon - Master Distiller

- Posts: 521
- Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 pm
- Stills: pot head
Re: Best and worst youtube videos
Sorry dude that was 13 minutes long.
I ducked out at 15 seconds.
Some of the stuff I post here may seem a little hazy to people not drinking with me.
But please tell me if I get that bad?
At that point, my continuance to the site will have lost any meaning.
Robert.
I ducked out at 15 seconds.
Some of the stuff I post here may seem a little hazy to people not drinking with me.
But please tell me if I get that bad?
At that point, my continuance to the site will have lost any meaning.
Robert.
There is no ONE way.
-

Easydrinker - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 5206
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
- Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
- Stills: Smart & Silly
Re: Best and worst youtube videos
You are as close to irreplaceable (sp?) as it gets.
I'd say most of the obvious has been discussed repeatedly, so I was attempting to follow the trend for slightly less on topic threads, while staying on topic.
I imagine there are many very good youtube distilling videos that I haven't seen yet and I'd rather watch those than bloody x factor.
I'd say most of the obvious has been discussed repeatedly, so I was attempting to follow the trend for slightly less on topic threads, while staying on topic.
I imagine there are many very good youtube distilling videos that I haven't seen yet and I'd rather watch those than bloody x factor.
-

Curmudgeon - Master Distiller

- Posts: 521
- Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 pm
- Stills: pot head
Re: Best and worst youtube videos
That wasn't a rocket mate.
And if this thread takes off,Great!
I like new and off topic stuff.
And wandering in other directions, and back into history.
Sometimes you just have to make snap decisions upon where you are going to allot some of the remaining minutes of your life.
Not that I expect mine to end soon, but I am closer to the end than the beginning,and have a feeling that I have to use my time well.
Oh that the Interweb had come along only Forty years ago.....
Robert.
And if this thread takes off,Great!
I like new and off topic stuff.
And wandering in other directions, and back into history.
Sometimes you just have to make snap decisions upon where you are going to allot some of the remaining minutes of your life.
Not that I expect mine to end soon, but I am closer to the end than the beginning,and have a feeling that I have to use my time well.
Oh that the Interweb had come along only Forty years ago.....
Robert.
There is no ONE way.
-

Easydrinker - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 5206
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
- Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
- Stills: Smart & Silly
Re: Best and worst youtube videos
Great thread C...I love bits like this, I did a thread a while back which was music to still by
Now watching that Taz hillbilly I don't think I'd chance a glass or two with him..
was the bucket his wife's mop bucket??
I find bits of info like this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svNwR6U6r7M worth a look....in fact I do shake the old kilner jars and you can see what he's on about.
Now this guy here comes in for loads of criticism from the USA/Assie site members...and I've read on Youtube were folks have told him he's wrong in lots of ways.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZakPUSVVKo
Now watching that Taz hillbilly I don't think I'd chance a glass or two with him..
was the bucket his wife's mop bucket??
I find bits of info like this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svNwR6U6r7M worth a look....in fact I do shake the old kilner jars and you can see what he's on about.
Now this guy here comes in for loads of criticism from the USA/Assie site members...and I've read on Youtube were folks have told him he's wrong in lots of ways.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZakPUSVVKo
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.
Of all the beautiful things in the world, only man can invent boredom
Of all the beautiful things in the world, only man can invent boredom
-

Icefever - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 2407
- Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:42 am
- Location: Kingdom of Mercia
Re: Best and worst youtube videos
I'd say most of the obvious has been discussed repeatedly, so I was attempting to follow the trend for slightly less on topic threads, while staying on topic.
GO for it - keeps the site alive.
Last edited by Mash on Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
-

Mash - Master Distiller

- Posts: 4594
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
- Location: Right here.
- Stills: SSSS
Re: Best and worst youtube videos
Some of Anavrin's for the best of list http://www.stillsmart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3634
-

Curmudgeon - Master Distiller

- Posts: 521
- Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 pm
- Stills: pot head
Re: Best and worst youtube videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0PjcB93lko
Useful guide to spirit runs by the guy from HillBilly Stills
Useful guide to spirit runs by the guy from HillBilly Stills
-

Curmudgeon - Master Distiller

- Posts: 521
- Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 pm
- Stills: pot head
Re: Best and worst youtube videos
Again C.,that is 30 minutes that I don't need to spend, but please keep them coming, others will appreciate you collecting links like this.
I appreciate you doing so, I just won't use many of them
Spontaneous decision, I am making this a stcky.
I hope you or others, continue to post links.
Robert.
I appreciate you doing so, I just won't use many of them
Spontaneous decision, I am making this a stcky.
I hope you or others, continue to post links.
Robert.
There is no ONE way.
-

Easydrinker - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 5206
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
- Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
- Stills: Smart & Silly
Re: Best and worst youtube videos
There are a lot of videos there and I've watched most of them. Many/most are "what not to do" or contain elements of what not to do. There are a few good ones and on a slow day I'll put together a list with links and comments of what flaws are obvious to this newb.
-

Curmudgeon - Master Distiller

- Posts: 521
- Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 pm
- Stills: pot head
Re: Best and worst youtube videos
The infamous loony Larry and just about the only review I've seen of chinese pot stills https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB5mWTq6S6g
It's been a while since I watched this. I certainly recall that all the rubber gaskets and washers need replaced by silicon (at least) and preferably ptfe (teflon)
Most people will say that aluminium pots are bad and stainless steel is better if it really is stainless steel.
Most will also say that the thumpers and/or condensers/coils in those chinese stills are way too small.
It's been a while since I watched this. I certainly recall that all the rubber gaskets and washers need replaced by silicon (at least) and preferably ptfe (teflon)
Most people will say that aluminium pots are bad and stainless steel is better if it really is stainless steel.
Most will also say that the thumpers and/or condensers/coils in those chinese stills are way too small.
-

Curmudgeon - Master Distiller

- Posts: 521
- Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 pm
- Stills: pot head
Re: Best and worst youtube videos
What was the name of the distilling transvestite that did all of his videos in some kind of bikini?! I still get nightmares about that now 

Benoit
-

Benoit - Senior Distiller

- Posts: 418
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 10:05 am
- Location: Middle Earth
- Stills: Fusti pot / Thumper
Re: Best and worst youtube videos
She is still out there,and asking after you..
Robert.
Robert.
There is no ONE way.
-

Easydrinker - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 5206
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
- Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
- Stills: Smart & Silly
Re: Best and worst youtube videos
I am sure I've seen all the free distilling and moonshine videos. You guys must be watching a premium pay per view channel.
-

Curmudgeon - Master Distiller

- Posts: 521
- Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 pm
- Stills: pot head
Re: Best and worst youtube videos
Benoit wrote:What was the name of the distilling transvestite that did all of his videos in some kind of bikini?! I still get nightmares about that now
"GHASTLY"
<shudders at recollection>
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
-

Mash - Master Distiller

- Posts: 4594
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
- Location: Right here.
- Stills: SSSS
54 posts
• Page 1 of 4 • 1, 2, 3, 4
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests