T500 first run
4 posts
• Page 1 of 1
T500 first run
Used my first kale wash which fermentied for 2.weeks and 2 days and was made with 4 kg of sugar . A bit disappointed that I only got just shy of 1.5 litres of distillate albeit that it's over 90 %
If I used 5 kings of sugar would I get a better yield ?
If I used 5 kings of sugar would I get a better yield ?
-

H12rpo - Senior Distiller

- Posts: 440
- Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:06 pm
- Location: Wales somewhere
- Stills: T500
Re: T500 first run
I think I maybe should've left it another 4 or 5 days fermenting (but I couldn't wait
Ah well
Ah well
-

H12rpo - Senior Distiller

- Posts: 440
- Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:06 pm
- Location: Wales somewhere
- Stills: T500
Re: T500 first run
There seems to be an element of doubt in your starting - finishing points, so maybe extra time would have yielded a little more potential.
Having said that what you achieved shouldn't be dissed.
Keep in mind Mash's (I think it was him) words of wisdom....1 kg sugar per 5 litres of wash.
Apologies to whoever if I got the wrong guy...
Having said that what you achieved shouldn't be dissed.
Keep in mind Mash's (I think it was him) words of wisdom....1 kg sugar per 5 litres of wash.
Apologies to whoever if I got the wrong guy...
I seldom take myself seriously....
-

packapoo - Master Distiller

- Posts: 690
- Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:16 am
- Location: Marton, New Zealand
- Stills: Amphora PDA-1
Re: T500 first run
Around 5Kg of sugar to 25 litres of water seems to be the maxim used by regulars here.
Using more sugar may lead to strong tasting neutrals.
You got some result.
And you are just starting.
It can only get better.
Dilute what you have to sub 30% and do a spirit run.
Make some cuts and learn what you are doing.
Robert.
Using more sugar may lead to strong tasting neutrals.
You got some result.
And you are just starting.
It can only get better.
Dilute what you have to sub 30% and do a spirit run.
Make some cuts and learn what you are doing.
Robert.
There is no ONE way.
-

Easydrinker - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 5206
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
- Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
- Stills: Smart & Silly
4 posts
• Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest