glycerine !

A place for general discussion

glycerine !

Postby Robbo12 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:07 pm

Hi I'm after some glycerine are they all the same will this one do Naissance Vegetable Glycerine 1 Litre 100% Pure it's for my JD wood chips spirit I'm trying to make.
User avatar
Robbo12
Experienced Distiller
Experienced Distiller
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:51 pm
Location: North West England
Stills: T500/ Airstill

Re: glycerine !

Postby Mash » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:31 pm

Yup. But having tried it I wouldn't bother. But got can just out up in eCig

Vanilla (extracted in alcohol) and proper maple syrup.
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
User avatar
Mash
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 4594
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
Location: Right here.
Stills: SSSS

Re: glycerine !

Postby gaza the instructor » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:33 pm

Robbo 12.
It will give you the tears effect on the glass
when mixed with your produce, but be careful it
is very sweet, use sparingly. I never use more
than 10ml per litre.
Rather have a full bottle in front of me
than a full frontal lobotomy
User avatar
gaza the instructor
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:02 pm
Location: sunny surrey
Stills: s.s&t500 copper

Re: glycerine !

Postby Easydrinker » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:08 am

Mash seems to have started drinking early!
Seems to be where I usually am at this time of the morning. ;D
I believe that what he is trying to share is that Maple syrup can be a mighty fine additive for mouth feel.
Glycerine can be cheaper, but should be used carefully.
I sometimes use it and sometimes regret it.

Robert.
There is no ONE way.
User avatar
Easydrinker
Donated to StillSmart
Donated to StillSmart
 
Posts: 5206
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
Stills: Smart & Silly

Re: glycerine !

Postby Mash » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:38 am

Oooo my head.:D

Let's try that again.

Yup. But having tried it I wouldn't bother. But you can just use it up in eCig (make your own juice)

Vanilla (extracted in alcohol) and proper maple syrup, are much better.

Dosage for glycerine is max 1ml per liter, which means you will also need syringe or similar to be accurate... And you need to be, it's shite when it goes wrong.
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
User avatar
Mash
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 4594
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
Location: Right here.
Stills: SSSS

Re: glycerine !

Postby Easydrinker » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:24 pm

Going off topic here. I did in history try Glycerine in E-cigs.
Never learned what to with it for real. Never got the additives right.
It was easier to give up the E-cigs.
Swings and roundabouts, as they say.

Robert.
There is no ONE way.
User avatar
Easydrinker
Donated to StillSmart
Donated to StillSmart
 
Posts: 5206
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
Stills: Smart & Silly

Re: glycerine !

Postby hampk » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:33 pm

I got a bottle from the local chemist for a coulle of quid. A little goes a long way..

Cheers

Hampk
User avatar
hampk
Senior Distiller
Senior Distiller
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: A hill with a view
Stills: Airstill


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Easydrinker, Google [Bot] and 0 guests

User Menu

Login Form

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 72 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:14 pm

Users browsing this forum: Easydrinker, Google [Bot] and 0 guests