limoncello
31 posts
• Page 1 of 3 • 1, 2, 3
limoncello
i have made quarts of lovely limoncello using the recipes from here
yum yum big pigs bum
why does the lemoncello bla persist ?
it's feckin l"i"mon
oy
*relaxes under duress*
yum yum big pigs bum
why does the lemoncello bla persist ?
it's feckin l"i"mon
oy
*relaxes under duress*
-

stout - Regular

- Posts: 50
- Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:00 pm
- Location: ireland
Re: limoncello
Try Arancello. It is made the same but with the peel of Navel oranges (or other fragrant oranges). My mate was over last week and spent the night cradling the bottle in his arms like an infant. It is pretty nice with Cocoa Nib Vodka as well. I am going to try some with bitter orange peel and brown sugar syrup to see if I can get near an Cointreau.
Chuck
Chuck
-

chill - Master Distiller

- Posts: 1660
- Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:46 am
- Location: We(s)t Coast of Canada
- Stills: Easy Still
Re: limoncello
i just may have to give you a big hug , Chuck , for those ideas
*gets poked in the ribs and pushed forward*
and the wife thanks you too

*gets poked in the ribs and pushed forward*
and the wife thanks you too

-

stout - Regular

- Posts: 50
- Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:00 pm
- Location: ireland
Re: limoncello
On a similar note, why not try "Noccino" which is made from wet walnuts steeped in neutral, youd need to pick em in July so thyre big enough.
mm
mm
-

metalmickey - Regular

- Posts: 86
- Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:42 pm
Re: limoncello
I have had Nocino in my mind, but I have no idea where I would find green walnuts around here.
Chuck
Chuck
-

chill - Master Distiller

- Posts: 1660
- Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:46 am
- Location: We(s)t Coast of Canada
- Stills: Easy Still
Re: limoncello
theres a huge walnut tree round the corner from me, but too big to climb so ill have to get the big stick out with a rope tied to it.
-

metalmickey - Regular

- Posts: 86
- Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:42 pm
Re: limoncello
or for that minty fresh breath try a creme de meths i mean menthe
http://www.grouprecipes.com/58403/homem ... queur.html
http://www.grouprecipes.com/58403/homem ... queur.html
-

metalmickey - Regular

- Posts: 86
- Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:42 pm
Re: limoncello
It has been a cool, wet spring here so I just happen to have an over abundance of mint. And neutral. Cheers!
Chuck
Chuck
-

chill - Master Distiller

- Posts: 1660
- Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:46 am
- Location: We(s)t Coast of Canada
- Stills: Easy Still
Re: limoncello
Hum ? I keep forgetting to try these, but I wonder if a mix of lemon and lime, or rather than walnut, whether fresh almond would work, as the outlaws have a tree in their garden.....
-

Phantom - Master Distiller

- Posts: 1460
- Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:31 pm
- Location: Land of Nod (South)
- Stills: smart still and T500
Re: limoncello
Chill, did you ever find the green walnuts? Yesterday was St. John the Baptist day, the traditional date to harvest walnuts for Nocino in northern Italy or the evening before. I have wanted to try this for years, but this is the first time I remembered before the shells hardened.
Just Sayin'
Just Sayin'
-

just sayin' - Regular

- Posts: 29
- Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:18 pm
Re: limoncello
I wasn't aware they needed to be green just fresh. Nocino is very nice. I will get the recipe from my Italian friends.
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
-

Mash - Master Distiller

- Posts: 4594
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
- Location: Right here.
- Stills: SSSS
Re: limoncello
Nocino's flavor comes from immature walnuts harvested before the shells have hardened and while the nut "meat" is still jelly like. Nuts are quartered and macerated in 50-95 ABV spirits for forty days, lemon peel, orange and spices like wholes cloves, cinnamon sticks, whole nutmeg and allspice may also be used. After forty days the liquid is drain, filtered, sweetened with simple syrup and deluted to taste. Bottle and wait until at least Christmas, two or three years would be even better.
Just an outline. There are many, many recipes on line. I have been reading about Nocino for years, this year I remembered before the shells harden. I have newly picked green whole walnuts in the frig ready to cut...
Just an outline. There are many, many recipes on line. I have been reading about Nocino for years, this year I remembered before the shells harden. I have newly picked green whole walnuts in the frig ready to cut...
-

just sayin' - Regular

- Posts: 29
- Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:18 pm
Re: limoncello
That is neat, and precise, thanks for sharing.
May yours be as good as you would hope.
Robert.
May yours be as good as you would hope.
Robert.
There is no ONE way.
-

Easydrinker - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 5206
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
- Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
- Stills: Smart & Silly
-

packapoo - Master Distiller

- Posts: 690
- Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:16 am
- Location: Marton, New Zealand
- Stills: Amphora PDA-1
Re: limoncello
No Walnuts growing anywhere near me, nor expected to be.
I can only spectate.
Robert.
I can only spectate.
Robert.
There is no ONE way.
-

Easydrinker - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 5206
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
- Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
- Stills: Smart & Silly
31 posts
• Page 1 of 3 • 1, 2, 3
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest