I think I have stopped the still blowing its top.
34 posts
• Page 3 of 3 • 1, 2, 3
I think I have stopped the still blowing its top.
That is what i have started doing now umpa,i set the timer to start 2 1/2 hours before i get home from work,just hope it dont blow its top while its left unattended,that way i can get two runs in quite easily in the evening.When i do pre heat the wash in the electric kettle it only takes a couple of minutes to warm up to 60.
I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me-Winston Churchill
-

optic - Senior Distiller

- Posts: 356
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:37 am
- Location: grotty old GB
- Stills: Super Reflux
I think I have stopped the still blowing its top.
I put a cap of conditioner in just to make sure. - I have to be honest tho and say I am using my Reflux more than my smart, its just that I dont have to use it as often.
-

umpa - Experienced Distiller

- Posts: 211
- Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:33 pm
- Location: Planet Earth
I think I have stopped the still blowing its top.
apart from one time when i first got my air still i never had it pop the top.
BUT i leave the wash to ferment 1 week at least and left to clear again at LEAST 1 week but usually 2 and sometimes more if im busy.
Before distilation i half fill a 10L container and shake the hell out of it, crack the top to let out any gas then do it one or more times.
Its suprising the first time you shake it how much POP you get when taking the lid off after its shaken.
Anyhow thats what i do no conditioner.
I also put two good quality stainless steel forks, (bent at odd angles) in the still.
Then turn it on!
BUT i leave the wash to ferment 1 week at least and left to clear again at LEAST 1 week but usually 2 and sometimes more if im busy.
Before distilation i half fill a 10L container and shake the hell out of it, crack the top to let out any gas then do it one or more times.
Its suprising the first time you shake it how much POP you get when taking the lid off after its shaken.
Anyhow thats what i do no conditioner.
I also put two good quality stainless steel forks, (bent at odd angles) in the still.
Then turn it on!

-

HangOver - Experienced Distiller

- Posts: 179
- Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:03 am
I think I have stopped the still blowing its top.
I have not had a boil over yet,now i have done quite a few runs im not in such a rush to get it done im the same hangover it gets about 10 to 14 days fermenting and another week or so clearing and i rack it of once and it gets a bloody good shake up before it goes in the still,it certainly makes a difference from the first few i done fermenting 7 days 1 day clearing then running,those ones you could notice the still was a lot more noisy,it seemed to be working harder to do the run.
I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me-Winston Churchill
-

optic - Senior Distiller

- Posts: 356
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:37 am
- Location: grotty old GB
- Stills: Super Reflux
34 posts
• Page 3 of 3 • 1, 2, 3
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest