High Temperature Mashing Enzymes

Discuss fermentation, different types of wash, etc

High Temperature Mashing Enzymes

Postby chill » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:50 am

I noticed this from a link on the StillDragon site: https://enzymash.biz

We are now shipping 16 oz Kits with free shipping in the USA. We are also shipping all kits up to 16 oz Worldwide and to Canada. Shipping is free on 2 oz Kits, $20.00 USD Worldwide for the 4 oz kit, and $30.00 for the 16 oz Kits Worldwide and Canada. All shipment outside the USA will be USPS 1st Class mail. This is the easiest way to get through customs without an Importer and Broker. There is still a risk that your countries Customs may get involved.


Free shipping on the 2 oz kits anywhere! I've ordered a set and will report later. This is Pintoshine's company for those of you that know of him. I'd wanted to order some a year or so back but he was not shipping outside of the USA at that point.

Chuck
Last edited by chill on Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
chill
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 1660
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:46 am
Location: We(s)t Coast of Canada
Stills: Easy Still

Re: High Temperature Mashing Enzymes

Postby Almanac » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:08 am

When you say "High temperature mashing enzymes" what exactly are we talking about here?

I buy my powdered enzymes from Brewhaus in Texas, http://www.brewhaus.com/Additives.aspx and Rick Morris there shipped my last batch, 16oz, for US$10 by USPS without probs and his prices are pretty good ;) Not sure if this is the same though.
Almanac
Almanac
Senior Distiller
Senior Distiller
 
Posts: 1847
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:09 am

Re: High Temperature Mashing Enzymes

Postby chill » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:59 pm

Oops, missed the link in the original message.

I've used those too, these are different, specialty enzymes. From what I read when Pintoshine brought them out and people on HD started testing them, they are pretty amazing.

SEBstar HTL is used in the starch industry to continuously liquefy and dextrinize gelatinized, wet-milled corn and wheat starch for the production of low-dextrose (DE 7 – 15) starch syrups. Because of its heat stability, broad pH tolerance and low calcium requirement, SEBstar HTL can be used to liquefy starch slurries at temperatures as high as 90oC without the addition of calcium. In the alcohol industry it is used for high-temperature liquefaction of starch containing grain mashes (corn, wheat, barley, sorghum, rice etc.) for production neutral spirits. In the brewing industry, SEBstar HTL is used to rapidly liquefy and reduce the viscosity of grain adjuncts.


SEBamyl GL is used in the starch industry to produce glucose from liquefied starch. It is used in the distillery and fuel-alcohol industries for saccharification, and for simultaneous saccharification and fermentation of whole- grain mashes. In the brewing industry it is used to reduce residual grain-starch dextrins in the production of low-carbohydrate beer.


A forum thread and an demo video if you are interested.
http://www.artisan-distiller.net/phpBB3 ... =11&t=8516
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... tnboJ3Kxeo

Chuck
User avatar
chill
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 1660
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:46 am
Location: We(s)t Coast of Canada
Stills: Easy Still

Re: High Temperature Mashing Enzymes

Postby Easydrinker » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:49 pm

Damn you Chuck,
More reading,and possible experimentation.
I cannot resist such challenges,even when busy with regular life stuff.
One day I may learn.

Robert.
There is no ONE way.
User avatar
Easydrinker
Donated to StillSmart
Donated to StillSmart
 
Posts: 5208
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
Stills: Smart & Silly

Re: High Temperature Mashing Enzymes

Postby Almanac » Fri May 01, 2015 6:01 am

Nice one Chuck, I'll wait for your report/opinion on these enzymes with great interest. It would appear to make doing Corn/Maize ferments more doable ;) I'm already sworn against doing Maize having tried it a few times and found it far too messy and cumbersome, even using powdered enzymes ::)

My main interest is what kind/amount of slurry is left to dispose of and clean up after fermentation.

No point in me trying to re-invent the wheel when you've taken up the quest.
Almanac
Almanac
Senior Distiller
Senior Distiller
 
Posts: 1847
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:09 am

Re: High Temperature Mashing Enzymes

Postby chill » Fri May 01, 2015 4:02 pm

I've also grown weary of dealing with corn so that is my primary interest in these. It will be a few weeks probably until I have anything to report. I wish that I had a grinder that could make the kind of flour shown in that video. That should make gelatinization easier, I would think. What I have now is close to a polenta grind.

Chuck
User avatar
chill
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 1660
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:46 am
Location: We(s)t Coast of Canada
Stills: Easy Still


Return to Fermentation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

User Menu

Login Form

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 72 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:14 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest