Digging

A place for general discussion

Digging

Postby Mash » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:59 pm

No really. Sharing this 'cos I know a few of us are growers.

I cannot dig. Kills my back. Rotavator not much better.

I found this secondhand locally. Stunning. Just dug over 10x10 turf in about 30 mins didn't even break a sweat. Probably best tool ever.

https://youtu.be/zBChqCjZJxE
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
User avatar
Mash
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 4594
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
Location: Right here.
Stills: SSSS

Re: Digging

Postby Squint » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:33 pm

That looks good Mash

think I will get the wife one lol
User avatar
Squint
Regular
Regular
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:57 pm

Re: Digging

Postby Easydrinker » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:20 am

A spade with handle bars, brilliant! Not.
But if it works for you then who am I to nay say?

I will concede that the olde styley spade may be due a facelift...

Robert.
There is no ONE way.
User avatar
Easydrinker
Donated to StillSmart
Donated to StillSmart
 
Posts: 5206
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
Location: The hills of lowland Scotland
Stills: Smart & Silly

Re: Digging

Postby Myles » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:39 am

I use one of these Ryobi Expand-it mini rotivators https://www.ryobitools.com/outdoor/products/details/cultivator-attachment

Fits on a small split shaft petrol strimmer. Low weight, easy to use and easily digs down a few inches. When I was preparing the garden from long term pasture I mowed it first, stripped off 2 inches with a hired turf cutter, and then dug it with this. The turf I just stacked grass down in a pile, left it for two years and then put it back into the garden as rotted down top soil.
User avatar
Myles
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Digging

Postby Mash » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:10 am

Easydrinker wrote:A spade with handle bars, brilliant! Not.
But if it works for you then who am I to nay say?

I will concede that the olde styley spade may be due a facelift...

Robert.


You are looking at the wrong end ;D the magic is further down.

Seriously they make the job soooo easy.
Last edited by Mash on Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
User avatar
Mash
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 4594
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
Location: Right here.
Stills: SSSS

Re: Digging

Postby Mash » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:13 am

Squint wrote:That looks good Mash

think I will get the wife one lol



Joking aside. That's how I first saw them.
When I was a kid the wife next to us dug 1/4 acre with one every year. Tiny dot of a woman.


Your wife would be so pleased. ;D
email still_smart@yahoo.com and stay in touch. More details viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4947
User avatar
Mash
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 4594
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm
Location: Right here.
Stills: SSSS


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

User Menu

Login Form

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 72 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:14 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest