Ayup! what\'s happened here then?
17 posts
• Page 2 of 2 • 1, 2
Ayup! what\'s happened here then?
To be honest I doubt it will make any difference. I don\'t use turbos anymore. All I do is add 3 table spoons of DAP and 1 tablespoon of wilco\'s super wine compound. Some times I add a squirt of marmite in a glass of boiling water and add that once cool. It\'s slow to start because of the under pitching rate, but after a couple of days goes quite well.
I know I\'m only saving a few quid, but the slower ferment gives me a much cleaner wash. Next I want to try some other cheaper type of sugar if one exsists.
I know I\'m only saving a few quid, but the slower ferment gives me a much cleaner wash. Next I want to try some other cheaper type of sugar if one exsists.
-

umpa - Experienced Distiller

- Posts: 211
- Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:33 pm
- Location: Planet Earth
Ayup! what\'s happened here then?
It\'s all about experimenting, thats part the fun. I\'ve just tried syphoning the wash off the yeast and running another sugar wash on it hence my comment on nutrients. i added the suggested amount of Youngs yeast nutrient and it stopped at 1038SG so I added a second double strength batch of nutrient. and got it started again. It\' down to 1030SG and still going so I may rescue it yet.
Opus
Opus
-

Opus 27 - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 451
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:18 pm
- Location: South West UK
17 posts
• Page 2 of 2 • 1, 2
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest