Short video...
5 posts
• Page 1 of 1
Short video...
Ok I'm not in the habit of posting videos..I ain't no Steven Spielberg
.but I took one yesterday of the output of a strip run on a sugar wash.
Then today another short video of the output of a sprit run....the reason being I thought it may help any new members to see the difference between the two types of runs.
The speed of the flow from the strip were the still is run flat out....compared to the spirit run were once you have the temp set..I aim for 78c and the flow is just a steady drip.
If it helps anyone it's worth the time.
.but I took one yesterday of the output of a strip run on a sugar wash.Then today another short video of the output of a sprit run....the reason being I thought it may help any new members to see the difference between the two types of runs.
The speed of the flow from the strip were the still is run flat out....compared to the spirit run were once you have the temp set..I aim for 78c and the flow is just a steady drip.
If it helps anyone it's worth the time.

Last edited by Icefever on Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.
Of all the beautiful things in the world, only man can invent boredom
Of all the beautiful things in the world, only man can invent boredom
-

Icefever - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 2407
- Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:42 am
- Location: Kingdom of Mercia
Re: Short video...
Not bad at all....... 

-

Phantom - Master Distiller

- Posts: 1460
- Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:31 pm
- Location: Land of Nod (South)
- Stills: smart still and T500
Re: Short video...
Video speaks a thousand questions! That was good to see. Up until recently, as a newbie, I was running both stripping and spirit at the same slow speed. Next time I will let it "rip on the strip"
Great thanks Ice
Great thanks Ice
-

Still maturing - Newcomer
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:12 am
- Location: N/E Scotland
- Stills: Copper still
Re: Short video...
Sorry guys..had to delete the videos as they showed too much info.
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.
Of all the beautiful things in the world, only man can invent boredom
Of all the beautiful things in the world, only man can invent boredom
-

Icefever - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 2407
- Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:42 am
- Location: Kingdom of Mercia
Re: Short video...
Still maturing wrote:Video speaks a thousand questions! That was good to see. Up until recently, as a newbie, I was running both stripping and spirit at the same slow speed. Next time I will let it "rip on the strip"
Great thanks Ice
Thanks, matey...
On the strip run you can run the still flat out...watch the ABV...when down to around 30% switch her off. Some guys go slighty over down to 20%...it's all down to you.
Then the spirit run needs to be drip,drip,drip,...

I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.
Of all the beautiful things in the world, only man can invent boredom
Of all the beautiful things in the world, only man can invent boredom
-

Icefever - Donated to StillSmart

- Posts: 2407
- Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:42 am
- Location: Kingdom of Mercia
5 posts
• Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests