Short video...

The distillation process itself

Short video...

Postby Icefever » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:32 am

Ok I'm not in the habit of posting videos..I ain't no Steven Spielberg ;D .but I took one yesterday of the output of a strip run on a sugar wash.

Then today another short video of the output of a sprit run....the reason being I thought it may help any new members to see the difference between the two types of runs.

The speed of the flow from the strip were the still is run flat out....compared to the spirit run were once you have the temp set..I aim for 78c and the flow is just a steady drip.


If it helps anyone it's worth the time. ;)
Last edited by Icefever on Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Of all the beautiful things in the world, only man can invent boredom
User avatar
Icefever
Donated to StillSmart
Donated to StillSmart
 
Posts: 2407
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:42 am
Location: Kingdom of Mercia

Re: Short video...

Postby Phantom » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:54 pm

Not bad at all....... ;D
User avatar
Phantom
Master Distiller
Master Distiller
 
Posts: 1460
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: Land of Nod (South)
Stills: smart still and T500

Re: Short video...

Postby Still maturing » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:52 pm

Video speaks a thousand questions! That was good to see. Up until recently, as a newbie, I was running both stripping and spirit at the same slow speed. Next time I will let it "rip on the strip"
Great thanks Ice
User avatar
Still maturing
Newcomer
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:12 am
Location: N/E Scotland
Stills: Copper still

Re: Short video...

Postby Icefever » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:55 pm

Sorry guys..had to delete the videos as they showed too much info.
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Of all the beautiful things in the world, only man can invent boredom
User avatar
Icefever
Donated to StillSmart
Donated to StillSmart
 
Posts: 2407
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:42 am
Location: Kingdom of Mercia

Re: Short video...

Postby Icefever » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:35 am

Still maturing wrote:Video speaks a thousand questions! That was good to see. Up until recently, as a newbie, I was running both stripping and spirit at the same slow speed. Next time I will let it "rip on the strip"
Great thanks Ice



Thanks, matey...

On the strip run you can run the still flat out...watch the ABV...when down to around 30% switch her off. Some guys go slighty over down to 20%...it's all down to you.

Then the spirit run needs to be drip,drip,drip,... ;)
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Of all the beautiful things in the world, only man can invent boredom
User avatar
Icefever
Donated to StillSmart
Donated to StillSmart
 
Posts: 2407
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:42 am
Location: Kingdom of Mercia


Return to Distillation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

User Menu

Login Form

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 72 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:14 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests